sent 4/28/15 take viral please "Obama, Corporate 'Free Traitors' and You!"

I feel no shame in telling you, I have been playing old music and truly crying, sobbing, here by myself in my office just now, over the Love Canal story that I just sent you.  Somehow crying actually helps some.

[Please take this viral in addition to using your imagination about what else you can do.  Because it matters.  A lot.]

As I said, the Love Canal story is a model, not all of it good.
"Obama, Corporate 'Free Traitors' and You!," (April 25, 2015) is one of the best demonstrations yet of how Love Canal is a model for the current Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement proposal story.  PLEASE GET OFF YOUR BUTT.  IT'S YOUR COMMUNITY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS TIME.  REMEMBER THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE TPP IS TO TAKE AWAY LOCAL POWER TO PROTECT OUR HOMES.  PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL THE TIME UNTIL IT'S DONE.

Never mind if you were one of those who thought Ralph Nader was "just a communist (or socialist)."  That was never true.  He is a truth teller in spades, with details.  There are reasons to regulate business that have to do with survival.  Never mind party politics.  And never mind political philosophies and economic philosophies unless you truly believe that the very very richest kings should have everything by divine right. 

If indeed you do believe in the divine right of kings then I hope for your sake that you can get yourself and your family into one of their protected impermeable globes of the not-too-distant future.  These air conditioned clean and fake 24 hour cycling sunlit globes may be huge,* but I very much doubt they can be made big enough to take care of everybody, even assuming underground agriculture and nuclear power.  I doubt that the two richest guys on earth with their $40 billion each--the Koch Brothers,**--would be interested in you, or me for that matter, based on the statistics and the competition.

PLEASE REMEMBER the Love Canal as a personal business and political and activist model, the worst of which you and your neighbors and your children and theirs might be able to avoid by working hard at it.  Some people are younger than I am and have more energy than I have.  Power up, please, and the rest of you old people, add your voices and make them listen to you even if they think you're too old to know anything.  Please.

I am not repeating everything else about the TPP this time.  You will find much of it here [LINK] and going back from there, including some action links.  But please do not allow those action links and suggestions to limit you.  Please be inspired and not made hopeless by the money that we are up against.  We are Americans, after all, right???  Make it real.  Please.  I am being dramatic, yes.  But no I am not exaggerating anything.  Look forward to 2050.  You are likely to have people you care about suffering more then than now, depending in part on what you do or do not do now.  That might even be you suffering more in 2050 than you are now, depending on how old you are.  I am so sorry, I just cannot tell you.

Please take this viral in addition to using your imagination about what else you can do.  Because it matters.  A lot.

love,
Larry

* I read that idea about the climate controlled enclosed globes many years ago; it is not original with me.  You might recognize it.
** That link is to the most in-depth article I have seen on the Koch Brothers.  I missed it in the September 2014 issue of Rolling Stone magazine.  See also the followup with the rebuttal to the Koch Brothers' response to the original article.  Thanks to the current sidebar at Daily Kos.
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid.  If you are not doing it you can do it.  Other people are doing it.  We can learn from them, I find.