[no, not an April Fool's joke]
---------------------------
April 22, 2017 event please read and take this viral: "As
Trump Wages War on Science, Energy Grows for Worldwide March for
Science," by Nika Knight, staff writer, Common Dreams,
March 31, 2017
Four hundred (400) events in 37 countries including a massive
march in Washington, D.C.
There is no mention of a lot of Trump-supporting right-wing
fundamentalist creationists showing up but hey, who knows.
I have reached a tentative operating conclusion just for myself
that getting the earth back to where it was is probably not going
to happen. It looks as though it is just going to be getting
worse, is how it looks to me to be honest.
But: I do know, first of all, that prolonging your access
and your children's access to air that is healthy for you and them
to breath and to water that is healthy for you and them to
drink--outdoors even--goes hand in hand with working hand
in hand with those those who are working to reverse planetary
heating as if they really think that possible. Maintaining some
healthy air and some healthy water for the shorter term is a
side-benefit of working with them.
So no, I do not think that you would be being an idiot if you went
to Washington to be there and visible to the bankers and
politicians on April 22, 2017 even though I myself just cannot do
that sort of thing anymore physically. You would be helping to
threaten some of their precious seats. They know that 2018 is not
that far away.
For background, you might want to see any or all of:
"New
EPA documents reveal even deeper proposed cuts to staff and
programs," by Juliet Eilperin, Chris Mooney and Steven
Mufson, The Washington Post, March 31, 2017
This is somewhat repetitious of things you probably knew before,
but the new report on the topic of "planetary wave stalling" is
new to me. The idea of the weather standing still in certain
parts of the world is perhaps more than a bit scary, especially if
you live in one of the areas affected. "Basically,
the Arctic Is Melting, the World Has Gone Crazy, and It's All
Our Fault: Global warming is causing extreme weather, and new
research shows humans are to blame," by Damian Carrington, Mother
Jones, March 28, 2017
"A
Scientist Just Spent 2 Hours Debating the Biggest Global Warming
Deniers in Congress," by Rebecca Leber, Mother Jones, March
29, 2017. You might remember the name Michael Mann. He is a
climatologist and a geophysicist who is a leader among the
scientists who are not being paid by those in the fossil fuel
industries such as the Koch brothers. I have sent references to
his writings including at least one of his major books several
times in the past. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Mann
"I
Ran George W. Bush’s EPA—and Trump’s Cuts to the Agency Would
Endanger Lives," by Christine Todd Whitman, The
Atlantic, March 31, 2017. See there about air and water in
the shorter term. WITH
DETAILS.
"Is
it socially acceptable to challenge climate denial?" by Adam
Corner, The Guardian, March 31, 2017. Mr. Corner points
out that one might lose a friend or two but does not quite stop
there. Talking about this is important. For whatever reason,
that article has multiple times more downvotes than it has
upvotes, I note.
"Why
Is It Difficult to Get Christians to Care About the Earth?"
by Stephen Mattson, Sojourners, March 28, 2017.
--------------------------------------------------
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/search?q=Mann
shows past messages that I have sent through December 2016 that
mention Michael Mann in the subject or in the body.
sent
3/18/14 HELP SHARE THE FACT THAT global warming is NOT in
dispute
sent
6/27/14 climate disaster is not so bad right around where I am;
"Warmest May temperatures on record worldwide"; Monsanto GM
foods This one has a mix of two things that I and others
had been studying, planetary heating and Monsanto's glyphosate
product.
love,
Larry