Subject: (YouTube and better than YouTube) Katherine Jenkins I Will
Always Love You--longer version and shorter downloadable version (update 4/14 below: Phantom--Music of the Night--Katherine Jenkins)
Yesterday I sent you Lay Down (Candles in the Rain) by Melanie. It had made me cry, which I had not quite said, and some people have since told me privately that it made them cry.
The song "L'Amore sei tu (I Will Always Love You)" sung by Katherine Jenkins is one that can always make me cry. I do not have to hope for it. It just happens. Every time so far. Listen through to the very end and you just might find out for yourself why. :-) I got lucky again today and tripped over it in my CD music collection.
Crank it to the max and work down from there a little if necessary.
The version I own is 4 min 22 sec, similar to this one at YouTube [link]. That one does not allow for a file download for me.
But this one (YouTube link) is a much better video, as a perhaps even better ending if that's possible, and is also downloadable here [link] so that the sound and video are definitely in sync. That last one starts an instant download, possibly asking you where you want this mp4 file located on your storage space. There are features of this video that are better than the one in the paragraph above despite it being over a minute shorter.
So watch both, if only to decide which of the two endings you like better. Both endings made me cry. Always. :-)
Larry
4/14/15 update: Phantom--Music of the Night--Katherine Jenkins
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.
Yesterday I sent you Lay Down (Candles in the Rain) by Melanie. It had made me cry, which I had not quite said, and some people have since told me privately that it made them cry.
The song "L'Amore sei tu (I Will Always Love You)" sung by Katherine Jenkins is one that can always make me cry. I do not have to hope for it. It just happens. Every time so far. Listen through to the very end and you just might find out for yourself why. :-) I got lucky again today and tripped over it in my CD music collection.
Crank it to the max and work down from there a little if necessary.
The version I own is 4 min 22 sec, similar to this one at YouTube [link]. That one does not allow for a file download for me.
But this one (YouTube link) is a much better video, as a perhaps even better ending if that's possible, and is also downloadable here [link] so that the sound and video are definitely in sync. That last one starts an instant download, possibly asking you where you want this mp4 file located on your storage space. There are features of this video that are better than the one in the paragraph above despite it being over a minute shorter.
So watch both, if only to decide which of the two endings you like better. Both endings made me cry. Always. :-)
Larry
4/14/15 update: Phantom--Music of the Night--Katherine Jenkins
Last night I sent you something on Katherine Jenkins and two
performances by her of the song "L'Amore sei tu (I Will Always Love
You)" Here's
the link to that.
After I sent that I had a bit of discussion wherein Anon492 pointed out that Katherine Jenkins was singing the same song that Whitney Houston performed, titled in English. That thought had not occurred to me. I always thought Whitney Houston was great. However, Katherine Jenkins is a highly trained classical stage performer, one of the greats, with a voice that can fill an auditorium without need of a microphone. Her type of voice is called "mezzo-soprano." (Wikipedia link) Singing standing next to a classically trained female with a great voice for a few years was one of the sublime experiences of my life.
I would like to share with you one more performance by Katherine Jenkins. This is from her album Living A Dream (2005). I see no performance title by that name on the album. My guess is that the album title refers to the fact that people who can spend their lives performing at that level before huge audiences really are living a dream. This new song is "Music of the Night" [LINK]. That link takes you to a ge.tt page where you can click a big Play button. OR you can click here and get an instant mp3 file download for an mp3 player or such. The sound quality is better than what is available through YouTube.
I was once privileged to see a performance of the famous musical The Phantom of the Opera, which is where that song comes from. In the musical, the song "Music of the Night" is performed by the male star lead, The Phantom. I was unaware until just now that The Phantom of the Opera has been the most financially successful entertainment event so far in history. (Wikipedia link) Phantom of the Opera draws people into a different world, a strange world with fantastic beauty.
I own eight (8) CDs by Katherine Jenkins that I bought all at once a couple of years ago. I keep listening to a few songs over and over and may never yet have heard some of those CDs even once. But I will. And what with playing them over and over I think that I am set for life. :-) Enjoy!
And please, use either good full audio range speakers or good full audio range headphones.
Larry
-- After I sent that I had a bit of discussion wherein Anon492 pointed out that Katherine Jenkins was singing the same song that Whitney Houston performed, titled in English. That thought had not occurred to me. I always thought Whitney Houston was great. However, Katherine Jenkins is a highly trained classical stage performer, one of the greats, with a voice that can fill an auditorium without need of a microphone. Her type of voice is called "mezzo-soprano." (Wikipedia link) Singing standing next to a classically trained female with a great voice for a few years was one of the sublime experiences of my life.
I would like to share with you one more performance by Katherine Jenkins. This is from her album Living A Dream (2005). I see no performance title by that name on the album. My guess is that the album title refers to the fact that people who can spend their lives performing at that level before huge audiences really are living a dream. This new song is "Music of the Night" [LINK]. That link takes you to a ge.tt page where you can click a big Play button. OR you can click here and get an instant mp3 file download for an mp3 player or such. The sound quality is better than what is available through YouTube.
I was once privileged to see a performance of the famous musical The Phantom of the Opera, which is where that song comes from. In the musical, the song "Music of the Night" is performed by the male star lead, The Phantom. I was unaware until just now that The Phantom of the Opera has been the most financially successful entertainment event so far in history. (Wikipedia link) Phantom of the Opera draws people into a different world, a strange world with fantastic beauty.
I own eight (8) CDs by Katherine Jenkins that I bought all at once a couple of years ago. I keep listening to a few songs over and over and may never yet have heard some of those CDs even once. But I will. And what with playing them over and over I think that I am set for life. :-) Enjoy!
And please, use either good full audio range speakers or good full audio range headphones.
Larry
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.